Othman Frank Blakey Scholarship in Civil and Resource Engineering * [F192]
An asterisk (*) indicates that this scholarship is governed by conditions.
Note: This scholarship is not currently available.
Mr Ralph Edward Pennington having bequeathed the sum of $80,000 to establish a fund to provide a scholarship to aid students in their engineering thesis in honour of the late Professor Othman Frank Blakey, the Othman Frank Blakey Fund is established and is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
1. The scholarship is called the Othman Frank Blakey Scholarship in Civil and Resource Engineering.
2. The purpose of the scholarship is to aid students in their engineering thesis.
Type of Scholarship
3. The scholarships are supplementary scholarships to be held concurrently with primary scholarships.
4.(1) The scholarship is provided from the annual income of the fund after capitalisation in accordance with Senate policy.
(2) The number of scholarships to be awarded and their value in each year are determined by the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Civil and Resource Engineering, having regard to the funds available.
5. To be eligible for consideration a candidate mustâ€”
(a) be a graduate of this University or of another recognised university;
(b) have applied to undertake or be undertaking postgraduate study in Civil and Resource Engineering at this University; and
(c) hold as their primary scholarship an Australian Postgraduate Award, University Postgraduate Award or equivalent postgraduate research award, or another full scholarship recognised by the Faculty.
Body Responsible for Selection
6. Those eligible are ranked by the Faculty Postgraduate Scholarships Committee.
7. The scholarship is awarded to an eligible applicant who has been ranked at the most appropriate level by the ranking commitee.
8. The scholarship is awarded by the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics.
Duration of Award
9. The scholarship is tenable for the duration of the primary award.
10. The scholarship must not be held concurrently with another of the Faculty's named supplementary scholarships but may be held with an ad hoc supplementary scholarship.
Criteria for Continuation of Scholarship
11. Continuation of the scholarship depends upon the Faculty Scholarships Committee being satisfied that satisfactory progress has been made.
12. The scholarship is administered by the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics.
13. Any thesis, dissertation or other publication resulting from research undertaken by the recipient while in receipt of the Othman Frank Blakey Scholarship in Civil and Resource Engineering must acknowledge the support of the scholarship and carry the University by-line.
14. Intellectual property is governed by the University's Intellectual Property policy available on the University's web site at http://www.universitypolicies.uwa.edu.au/page/117132.