Dale Cook Scholarship *¬†[F8054]
An asterisk (*) indicates that this scholarship is governed by conditions.
The family and friends of the late Dale Cook have donated a sum of money to The University of Western Australia (‚Äėthe University') to establish a fund to provide an annual scholarship to commemorate her contribution to graduate training in the University. The scholarship is administered in accordance with the following conditions.
1. The scholarship is called the Dale Cook Scholarship.
2. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage postgraduate students to study for the degrees of Master of Psychology (Clinical), Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental Psychology), or the Doctor of Psychology.
3.(1) The scholarship is provided from the annual income of the fund after capitalisation in accordance with Senate policy.
(2) A student may be awarded only one Dale Cook Scholarship.
4. To be eligible to apply for a scholarship an applicant must be enrolled or intending to enrol full-time in the first year of the¬†course for the degree of the Master of Psychology (Clinical) or the Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental Psychology) or the Doctor of Psychology.
Body Responsible for Selection
5. The selection committee comprises‚ÄĒ
(a) the Head of the School of Psychology; and
(b) the Directors of the Clinical Unit and Child Study Centre (Psychology).
6. The scholarship is awarded by the selection committee to the applicant who, in its opinion, best demonstrates in their application and accompanying documentation‚ÄĒ
(a) academic achievement; and
(b) relevant work experience.
7.(1) Selection of the recipient is made by the selection committee having regard to the applicants‚Äô academic records, curriculum vitae and referee reports.
(2) The selection committee may interview short-listed applicants.
8. The scholarship is awarded by the Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences.
Method of Payment
9. The scholarship is paid in one lump sum.
Duration of Award
10. The scholarship is tenable for one year.
11. Applications for a scholarship¬†must be lodged with the Head of the School of Psychology by the advertised closing date in the year for which the scholarship¬†is sought and must include a curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three referees.
12. The scholarship is administered by the Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences.
13. Any thesis, dissertation or other publication resulting from research undertaken by the recipient of the Dale Cook Scholarship must acknowledge the support of the scholarship and carry the University by-line.
14. Intellectual Property is governed by the University‚Äôs Intellectual Property policy available on the University‚Äôs website at http://www.universitypolicies.uwa.edu.au/page/117132.