Jock and Marjorie Hetherington Scholarship *Â [F7631]
An asterisk (*) indicates that this scholarship is governed by conditions.
Note: This scholarship is not currently available.
The late Jock and Marjorie Hetherington having bequeathed to the University the sum of $50,000 for the establishment of a scholarship for research into clinical problems and their treatment arising out of diseases of the brain and central nervous system, the scholarship is established and is governed by the following conditions.
1. The scholarship is called the Jock and Marjorie Hetherington Scholarship.
2. The scholarship is provided from the income of the fund after capitalisation in accordance with Senate policy.
3. The purpose of the scholarship is to facilitate and encourage students to pursue postgraduate research at The University of Western Australia into clinical problems and their treatment arising out of diseases of the brain and central nervous system.
4. The scholarship is a supplementary scholarship to be held concurrently with a primary award such as an Australian Postgraduate Award, University Postgraduate Award or equivalent postgraduate research scholarship.
5. Those eligible for consideration are citizens or permanent residents of Australia who have a degree of this University or of another recognised university normally of at least 2A honours standard or its equivalent
6. The Scholarships Committee determines the number of scholarships to be awarded and their annual value having regard to the funds available.
7. The scholarship is normally awarded for up to two years for the degree of master and up to three years for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
8.(1) The Scholarships Committee may extend the period of the scholarship by up to six months for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
(2) No extensions for the degree of master are permitted.
9. Any publications or thesis resulting from research financed wholly or partly by a scholarship must acknowledge the assistance of the Jock and Marjorie Hetherington Trust.