Margaret and Herbert Horsfall Memorial Bursary [F4768]
A sum of $10,000 having been donated to the University by Misses Margaret, Muriel and Constance Horsfall to provide a bursary as a mark of their gratitude to their parents for enabling and encouraging them to pursue a higher education and to the University for providing that education, a fund for this purpose is established. The fund is administered in accordance with the following regulations.
1. The annual income from the fund after capitalisation, in accordance with Senate policy, is used to provide one bursary each year called a Margaret and Herbert Horsfall Memorial Bursary.
2. Those eligible for the bursary are students who have satisfactorily completed at least six months in a postgraduate course in the field of fine arts in the Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Visual Arts and includes those holding Australian Postgraduate Awards or University Postgraduate Awards.
3. The bursary is used for the purposes of travel related to the awardee's postgraduate work.
4. Written application for a bursary must be lodged with the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Visual Arts by 30 August in the year for which the bursary is sought, must provide details of the proposed travel and its relevance to the applicant's postgraduate work, and must contain a statement regarding the period of the applicant's residence in Western Australia.
5. The bursary is awarded no later than 30 September by the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Visual Arts to the applicant who, having provided an acceptable travel proposal, is judged to have demonstrated the greatest potential in the field of fine arts.
6. A student will not be awarded more than one Margaret and Herbert Horsfall Memorial Bursary.