Janice Klumpp Award [F1932]
A sum of $10,000 having been donated to the University by Mr John Klumpp to establish a fund to provide an award in memory of his daughter Janice who was a member of the University staff from 1968 to 1984, the Janice Klumpp Award is established and is administered in accordance with the following regulations.
1. The award consists of the annual income on the fund after capitalisation in accordance with Senate policy.
2. The purpose of the award is to further interest in and knowledge of nature, flora and fauna.
3. The award is open to all students of The University of Western Australia.
4. Written applications giving details of a proposed or current study or research project and how it meets the purpose of the award must be submitted to the Science Student Office by the advertised closing date.
5.(1) Applications are considered by a committee which consists of the Heads of the Schools of Animal Biology and Plant Biology or their nominees.
(2) The committee has the power to co-opt.
6. The criteria for selection areâ€”
(a) academic achievement; and
(b) excellence of the proposed program of study or research project in relation to the stated purpose of the Janice Klumpp Award.
7. The award is used to provide items or allowances relevant to the program of study or research project which would not normally be provided from school funds but must not be used to fund conference travel.
8. The holder of an award must submit a report on the use of the award to the Science Student Office by 31 March of the following year.