Winthrop Scholarships [F7824]
Note: These scholarships are under review and are not currently available.
Winthrop Scholarships are available as establishment allowances to eligible applicants for Australian Postgraduate Awards at The University of Western Australia.
1. The purpose of the scholarships is to enable and encourage highly qualified students to relocate from another Australian State or Australian Territory to pursue higher degrees by research at The University of Western Australia.
2. Those eligible for the scholarships are highly ranked successful candidates for the Australian Postgraduate Awards who have completed a first degree entirely at an Australian university outside Western Australia.
3. The scholarships are supplementary scholarships and are in addition to the relocation allowances provided under the Australian Postgraduate Award scheme.
4.(1) The value of the scholarship is $7500 to be paid in equal moieties in the candidate's first year at the University of Western Australia.
(2) The first moiety is paid on arrival at the University and the second after acceptance of the candidate's research proposal by the Board of Postgraduate Research Studies.
5. The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), in consultation with the Scholarships Committee, determines the number of scholarships to be awarded each year.
6. The scholarships are administered by the Scholarships Committee.